Virtual Reality Lab
The VR Lab at the Armory serves as a research and testing grounds for faculty and students interested in exploring the educational potential of existing VR experiences, or in developing and assessing their own interactive VR content.
Currently the lab provides access to the following technology:
- Oculus Rift S tethered headsets
- Oculus Quest
- Meta Quest 2
- Meta Quest 3 (coming soon)
CITL’s Innovation Studio is a high-tech space, think makerspace + VR + AI. Because of the interactive, experiential nature of the space, we recommend groups of 25 or less. The Innovation Studio has 10 (+1 instructor) VR workstations each with an Oculus Rift S headset attached. This space is available for exploration during open hours, course visits, tours, consultations, and more.
Technology on Display
- 360° Camera with GoPro Fusion
- 3D Scanning with Structure
- 3D Printing with Original Prusa i3 MK3S (5)
- Drones with DJI Mavic Air (and others)
- Laser Cutting with Glowforge
- Mixed | Augmented Reality with Magic Leap One, HP Reveal, Merge Cube, and Curiscope.
- Virtual Reality with HTC Vive, Oculus Quest, and Oculus Go
- Gaming and Esports with Nintendo Switch and Illini Esports